Cisco 2911/K9 – Cisco ISR G2 2900 Series Router
- 3 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports (RJ-45 only)
- 1 service module slot
- 4 enhanced high-speed WAN interface card slots
- 2 onboard digital signal processor (DSP) slots
- 1 Internal Service Module slot for application services
- Fully integrated power distribution to modules supporting 802.3af Power over Ethernet (PoE) and Cisco Enhanced PoE
Cisco 2911/K9 – Cisco ISR G2 2900 Series Router Techspot
Cisco 2911-K9 2900 Series Integrated Services Router is architectured to enable the next phase of branch-office evolution, providing rich media collaboration and virtualization to the branch while maximizing operational cost savings.
2911-K9 Cisco Router Generation 2 platforms are future-enabled with multi-core CPUs, support for high capacity DSPs (Digital Signal Processors) for future enhanced video capabilities, high powered service modules with improved availability, Gigabit Ethernet switching with enhanced POE,
Cisco 2900 series common models such as 2901, 2911, 2921 and 2951. The 2900 Series can offer 2 or 3 GE ports with 1 SFP ports, 4 EHWIC Slots, 2 SM slots with 1 SIM slots, and 3 DSP slots. In addition, their RAM and Flash Memory are scalable, maximum 2.5G RAM and 8G flash.
Cisco 2911-K9 router also can offer voice function, support at least 16 to 250 phones. The Cisco 2900 Series can deliver virtualized applications and highly secure collaboration through the widest array of WAN connectivity at high performance that offers concurrent services at up to 75 Mbps.
Cisco 2911-K9 integrated services router offers embedded hardware encryption acceleration, voice- and video-capable Digital Signal Processor (DSP) slots, intrusion prevention, call processing, voice mail, and application services.
CISCO2911-SEC/K9 is almost the same as CISCO2911, except that it offers Security bundle.
Cisco 2911 Integrated Services Router specification
|Bundle||Security Bundle w/SEC license PAK|
|Interfaces||3 integrated 10/100/1000 Ethernet ports (RJ-45 only)|
|Expansion Slot(s)||1 service module slot|
1 Internal Service Module slot
2 onboard digital signal processor (DSP) slots
4 enhanced high-speed WAN interface card slots
|RAM||512 MB (installed) / 2 GB (max)|
|Flash Memory||256 MB (installed) / 8 GB (max)|
|Dimensions||43.8 cm x 30.5 cm x 8.9 cm|
|Package Weight||16.15 Kg|
- Embedded hardware-accelerated VPN encryption for secure connectivity and collaborative communications Integrated threat control using Cisco IOS Firewall, Cisco IOS Zone-Based Firewall, Cisco IOS IPS, and Cisco IOS Content Filtering
- Identity management using authentication, authorization, and accounting (AAA) and public key infrastructure
- High-density-packet voice DSP module, optimized for voice and video support
- Standards-certified VoiceXML browser services
- Cisco Unified Border Element capabilities